So you’ve decided to save a life by adopting! We’re so excited to take this journey with you and introduce a new family member into your life.
When you adopt from WAAL, you become a part of our family forever. In five years if you need help, ask! You’re part of a family now, and we’ve got your back.
Things to keep in mind:
- We do not have a blanket policy regarding fences; some dogs require them and some do not.
- All animals (except barn cats) are adopted to indoor-only homes.
- Cats are not to be declawed after adoption (read more about this policy here- hyperlink).
- We will always help do introductions with a new dog and any resident dogs currently in your home.
- All animals (unless medically unable) are sterilized, vaccinated, microchipped, and heartworm tested (dogs) or feline leukemia tested (cats) before adoption.
- For their safety, all animals must be returned to WAAL if for any reason the adopter cannot keep them.
- You must be 18 to adopt.
- Filling out an application does not obligate you to adopt.
- Adoption fees vary based on the animal; ask us for more specific information.
We have great adoption kits to help get you and your new furry family member started off on the right paw.
Have a particular breed in mind? Sign up for our PetAlert program and don’t miss out on your new best friend!